Search the website

Memorial Coal Arch

The old coal arch was relocated from Western No.1 underground mine entrance in 1999 and is one of the few surviving examples of a mine entrance on the Collie coalfields.
The coal skip is a replica erected in 1994 to recognise the contribution underground miners made towards Collie and the State from 1890 to the closure of the underground mines in 1994.
A memorial wall lists names of all miners killed on the Collie coalfields.


Phoenix Park, Throssell Street Collie

Stay in the loop

Sign up for the Whispers from the Valley newsletter