Wellington National Park
LOCAL TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES
Main Roads has approved the closure of Preston Road to North bound traffic between Mumballup and Collie from 1.00pm to 4.00pm on Saturday 20th August 2022.If you are travelling to Collie from Mumballup on Preston Road you will need to leave Mumballup before 1pm or you will need to wait until 4.00pm. Detours will be in place. There may also be some traffic delays on Throssell Street during the start and finish o
Wellington Dam Lookout
- The steps to the lookout at Wellington Dam are currently being upgraded. Please follow diversion signs to access the lookout.
Wellington Dam Road Bridge Closure
- The causeway/bridge at the base of Wellington Dam is currently closed to all TRAFFIC AND PEDESTRIANS due to structural issues. Please follow diversion signage.
- Mural Access – To view the mural from the top lookout, please access the Park via Coalfields Highway and Wellington Dam Road.
Lennard 4WD Track
- Is now CLOSED for the wet/winter season. Gates are locked and signs are up.
Camp Fires & Prescribed Burns
- Camp fires are now allowed in designated campground fire pits only between 6.00pm and 10.00am. This can change depending on fire danger in the area.
There are currently no prescribed burn notices.
For more information, contact the Parks and Wildlife Service Wellington Office on (08) 9735 1988.
Wellington Spur Trail
- The Wellington Dam Road bridge has now been closed to both vehicles and pedestrians in line with recent safety and engineering advice. This means there is no access from the end of the Wellington Spur Trail to the north side of the dam or kiosk. Access can be gained from gravel roads on the south side. See Wellington Bridge Closure Alert above.
Glen Mervyn Dam
- Is CLOSED for water skiing from 22 February 2022.